No matter what we look like, or where we come from, we all get sick – and we all deserve access to the medicines we need without sacrificing on groceries or struggling to pay rent.
During the Lower Rx Drug Costs Week of Action (February 8-12), we’re calling on the Minnesota Legislature to pass measures that lower prescription drug costs and ensure lifesaving medicines are affordable and accessible to all.
✅ Establishing a Prescription Drug Affordability Board
✅ Expanding the power of the Attorney General’s office to stop price-gouging
✅ Negotiating prices of publicly purchased prescription drugs
Medicine is a public good. Most new drugs are developed by our public tax dollars. We, the people, make the investments that lead to life-saving drugs – including insulin and the COVID-19 vaccine. Under current law, #BigPharma is allowed to extract huge profits by price-gouging life saving medicine. These corporations try to divide and scare us by claiming high prices are necessary to foot the bill for innovation of newer and better medicines.
But we know better.
We’re organizing across race, class, and age to #ChangeTheRules and pass commonsense regulations that hold corporations accountable and rein in pharmaceutical corporations’ monopoly control over prices. We’re ready to win affordable prescription drugs in 2021.
- Monday: Share how high prescription drug costs impact you or your loved ones.
- Tuesday: Post a photo or video on social media about the need to put people before Big Pharma’s profits. Use the hashtags #RxWeekofAction, #ChangeTheRules, and #MNleg, and don’t forget to tag your legislators.
- Wednesday: Call your legislators and tell them to support measures to rein in prescription drug costs, including the Prescription Drug Affordability Board bill. Find your legislators.
- Thursday: Write a letter to the editor. Check out tips and sample talking points.
- Friday: Commit to taking ongoing action throughout legislative session.