TakeAction Minnesota is a multiracial people’s network that brings democracy alive in communities across our state. We connect individuals and organizations to each other, creating a powerful force that makes change happen where it wasn’t possible before. Since its founding 14 years ago, TakeAction Minnesota has grown its breadth and depth. Our membership has grown 10-fold and touches every legislative district in the state. Our social media presence is robust. Our grassroots leadership is well-trained and shapes and implements the strategy of our various campaigns. As a result, TakeAction Minnesota has a track record of shifting the political landscape, advancing democracy and justice through bold policy campaigns, grassroots organizing, leadership development, movement politics, and strategic communications.
TakeAction Minnesota’s public affairs department combines policy campaigns and ambitious communications strategies to change what’s possible and harness the power of a people-centered democracy. We work at the Legislature, in the community, online and through the media to change public narratives, elevate progressive ideologies, and build power. We believe that public narratives are an arena of power: broadcasting, not just communications, is a strategy. When it comes to policy work, we’re up against formidable corporate interests. That’s why we build as much expertise as needed to communicate effectively, hold elected officials accountable, serve as trusted sources for reporters, and mobilize our communities to take action. Policy campaigns are people-centered and advance justice and democracy. Our department is plugged into the news. We’re attuned to cultural moments and rapid response opportunities for action. Grounded in justice and human solidarity, we write from the heart to meet the moment. Operating in a 24/7 news cycle, we value strategy and teamwork, approaching the mission with humor and tenacity.
TakeAction Minnesota is seeking a creative and highly relational communications manager who is responsible for content management, cultural strategy & storytelling, and executing communications & narrative change strategies across all program areas and channels. This position is part of TakeAction’s public affairs department and works closely with staff across the organization, member-leaders, and external partners to advance goals and priorities. The communications manager is part of a fast-paced, collaborative team and reports to the communications director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS—Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Content Development & Management
- Write and edit content across email, website, blogs, and social media to win campaigns, change public narratives, grow relationships with our digital audience, and advance organizational & movement-wide goals.
- Collaborate across departments to plan and generate timely, relevant, and creative content for TakeAction Minnesota’s digital platforms.
- Manage TakeAction Minnesota’s blog, ensuring timely, relevant content is posted to advance the organization and department’s goals and priorities.
- Write, edit, and support submissions of letters-to-the-editor and commentaries.
- Periodically draft press releases, news statements, and campaign pieces.
- Work closely with digital strategist on various ad campaigns and electoral communications.
Storytelling & Cultural Strategy
- Work closely with organizers and leaders to share our members’ stories online and in the media.
- Partner with staff and members to capture stories including high quality photos and videos.
- Manage rapid response communications, working across departments to provide powerful calls to action.
- Oversee the creation of video projects.
- Manage design and orders of organizational swag.
- Expand and deepen TakeAction’s online presence, especially as it relates to member-focused stories, issue, electoral, and narrative change campaigns, and cultural strategy.
- Manage TakeAction’s social media accounts and calendar.
- Build and maintain brand voice consistency. Work proactively with staff and members to maintain consistency of images and messages against brand style guide and across all forms of organizational communications.
- Support narrative development and ensure narrative change strategies are integrated in communications work.
- Provide strategic communications capacity across TakeAction Minnesota’s statewide organizing, public affairs, and political programs.
- Manage assigned communications activities for issue campaigns, elections, organizational events and special projects.
- Timely management and updates of website content.
- Produce and order organizational brochures and collateral.
- Facilitate graphic design projects.
Capacity Building & Collaboration
- Develop strong relationships with TakeAction Minnesota’s staff, organizational members, and coalition allies to support movement-wide growth in strategic communications & narrative change.
- Support deep collaboration across departments to advance strategic goals with member-leaders, organizers, and fundraising leads.
- Provide communications capacity for partner organizations and endorsed candidates.
- Build knowledge across fields related to the public affairs department including policy, organizing, movement politics, narrative change, and digital.
- Collaborate across departments to support base-building, strategic goals, and fundraising campaigns and strategies.
- Vigorously develop expertise, staying on top of fast-changing trends and best practices to position TakeAction Minnesota on the leading edge of the strategic communications field.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines:
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 2-3 years communications experience or comparable
- Superb writing, editing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent written communications skills through a variety of channels.
- Issue, advocacy, or electoral campaign experience.
- Ability to motivate diverse groups of people and be a strong team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to design and implement strong systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- An understanding and the ability to apply a racial, gender, and economic justice lenses.
- Ability to work in and across diverse communities, particularly race, class, gender and geography.
- An open-minded approach and willingness to continually learn new technologies, strategies, and tactics related to the rapidly changing field of communications; openness to feedback.
- Computer literacy and experience with MS Office Suite.
- Experience with strategic communications, including development of narrative themes and messaging.
- Fluency across communications platforms including email databases, WordPress, and social media.
- Graphic design capability.
- Fluency with Adobe InDesign & Photoshop.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage. Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends and work extended hours to accomplish mission of organization.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and starts at $45,000.
- This position reports to the Communications Director.
- This position is located in our St. Paul office, but may be required to travel throughout the state at times.
- This position is a member of the Minnesota Newspaper and Communications Guild.
HOW TO APPLY
Send electronic cover letter, resume and three references attention Kenza Hadj-Moussa, Public Affairs & Communications Director, care of firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER by no later than 11:59 PM on Thursday, Feb. 27.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAIL INQUIRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.