TakeAction Minnesota is a multiracial people’s network that brings democracy alive in communities across our state. We connect individuals and organizations to each other, creating a powerful force that makes change happen where it wasn’t possible before. Since its founding 14 years ago, TakeAction Minnesota has grown its breadth and depth. Our membership has grown 10-fold and touches every legislative district in the state. Our social media presence is robust. Our grassroots leadership is well-trained and shapes and implements the strategy of our various campaigns. As a result, TakeAction Minnesota has a track record of shifting the political landscape, advancing democracy and justice through bold policy campaigns, grassroots organizing, leadership development, movement politics, and strategic communications.
The purpose of this position is to strengthen the organization’s fundraising efforts by stewarding funder relationships, facilitating strong grant proposals and reports, and expanding strategic grants management and deliverables tracking throughout the organization in partnership with TakeAction’s leadership and program directors. This position will also support the strengthening of partnerships with community organizations, donor collectives and individual donors by powerfully telling the story of TakeAction’s programs and impact. This position reports to the Development Director and is part of a small but mighty development team.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Grantseeking and Funder Stewardship
- Research and identify grant prospects that align with TakeAction’s mission and strategic goals.
- Coordinate grantseeking and reporting process. Work with executive director, development director, program directors and grantwriting consultant to develop vision, framing and strategy for project proposal and reports.
- Work with development director and senior finance and budget manager to develop project budgets and grant requirements.
- Assist coordination and activities for funder visits. Support funder communication process.
- Support building and maintaining meaningful relationships with donors, members and institutional partners.
Grants Management and Administration
- Track grants and manage administrative functions for entirety of grantseeking process, from prospecting to reporting.
- Coordinate monthly program reports and strategic quarterly assessments of grants work with programs team. Track program metrics and stories to powerfully tell story of impact.
- Maintain ongoing grants calendar to ensure all deadlines are met and grant requirements are submitted in timely manner. Manage outreach to coalition partners for collaborative grants.
Cross-Departmental Fundraising and Engagement
- Support cross-departmental team’s fundraising efforts for year-end People’s Celebration fundraising event and other campaigns.
- Develop content to share the story of our impact with major donors, grassroots donors and broader membership base. Manage generating annual impact report.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in nonprofit development, fundraising, communications, or related field. Two years’ experience in nonprofit development preferred.
- Grant writing experience preferred. Strong writing skills a must.
- Project management experience. Ability managing multiple competing projects and tasks.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of personal initiative and excellent personal accountability and follow through.
- Strong commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and progressive political change.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and familiarity with CRM software.
- Desire to promote TakeAction Minnesota’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage. Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
- Salary starts at $50,000. Category: Coordinator 3.
- Full health and dental benefits and retirement package.
- This position is a member of the Minnesota Newspaper and Communications Guild.
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
This position reports directly to the Development Director. Position located in our St. Paul, St. Cloud or Duluth office but may be required some travel throughout the state at times. In response to COVID-19, all employees are encouraged and resourced to work from home.
HOW TO APPLY
Send electronic cover letter, resume and three references attention Jessica Zimmerman, Development Director, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Development Manager. Resume review will begin after Sunday, July 18 at 11:59pm.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAIL INQUIRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
TakeAction Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Black, Indigenous and people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, and women.