- This event has passed.
Rent stabilization apartment knock with Mitra Jalali!
June 13 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
It’s a key moment to push toward our goal of 10,000 signatures by June 15th to put rent stabilization on the ballot in St. Paul and #KeepStPaulHome. We’re joining up with Team Mitra to talk to and collect signatures from renters in Ward 4. Join us!
What to expect:
- We’ll be knocking inside of apartment buildings
- We’ll have COVID-safe practices and will require masks (we’ll have masks on hand to give to folks)
- We’ll have hand sanitizer, spray disinfectant, and gloves (optional, but available) for volunteers
- Those who are not comfortable doorknocking in apartment buildings can join us in doing ‘hotspot’ canvassing outside in Ward 4
- A script, training, clipboards, pens, and petitions will be provided by the campaign!
More about the Keep St. Paul Home campaign for rent stabilization:
From the West Side to the North End, from Frogtown to the East Side, everyone in our city should have a safe, stable place to call home. But, a growing number of corporate and predatory landlords have chosen profit over people, spiking rents to make more money and forcing our neighbors out of their homes. We have the power to stop that.
As Saint Paul residents, we can organize and put our issues directly on the ballot. That’s why the Housing Equity Now St Paul (HENS) coalition is leading an effort to collect 10,000 signatures of registered St. Paul voters and put rent stabilization on the November 2021 ballot!
Learn much more and find ways to support rent stabilization even if you’re not eligible to vote or don’t live in St Paul: https://www.housingequitystp.org/
And please SHARE this event with your networks! Together we can get 10,000 signatures and put rent control on the ballot THIS YEAR!
TakeAction is a proud member of the Housing Equity Now coalition fighting to ensure housing stability for community members in St. Paul. Interested in getting involved, but can’t make the doorknock? Reach out to Bahieh at firstname.lastname@example.org.