THE ORGANIZATION: TakeAction Minnesota is a multiracial people’s network that brings democracy alive in communities across our state. We connect individuals and organizations to each other, creating a powerful force that makes change happen where it wasn’t possible before. Since its founding 14 years ago, TakeAction Minnesota has grown its breadth and depth. Our membership has grown 10-fold and touches every legislative district in the state. Our social media presence is robust. Our grassroots leadership is well-trained and shapes and implements the strategy of our various campaigns. As a result, TakeAction Minnesota has a track record of shifting the political landscape, advancing democracy and justice through bold policy campaigns, grassroots organizing, leadership development, movement politics, and strategic communications.
TakeAction is seeking an experienced and accomplished Individual Giving Manager. This position is part of team that raises resources for TakeAction and has a special emphasis on growing and unleashing the potential of our grassroots and institutional membership. Fundraising at TakeAction Minnesota is a team effort – from our Executive Director to program and organizing staff – we have a culture of asking for money to further our mission. We are searching for a team leader, someone who can marshal our staff capacity, plan effectively, and set, oversee and implement goals. This position works closely with development and finance staff. A successful candidate for this position understands what’s at stake for our communities and loved ones in this political moment and is hungry to seize opportunities and solve problems both big and small.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS — Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
Build and grow individual giving program.
- Develop, refine and deepen strategies and goals for individual giving at TakeAction Minnesota in accordance with industry best practices and builds on TakeAction’s grassroots fundraising model.
- Manage data tracking and reporting efforts and hold our team accountable to these goals.
- Perform ongoing evaluations of fundraising program to ensure it maintains industry-standard levels for giving, retention, engagement, and stewardship
- Set a tone that fundraising is integral to our organizing and movement building work, in line with our values, and makes the process fun and exciting
- Stay abreast of outreach, engagement and fundraising trends, testing and adopting innovative strategies as they emerge.
- Oversee development-related digital communications and compellingly communicate across channels and audiences to connect and integrate our programmatic and fundraising goals
- Collaborate closely with the Communications Team to identify opportunities and execute online campaigns related to fundraising.
- Track, test and implement innovative strategies as they emerge.
- Develop TakeAction Minnesota’s capacity to raise significant financial gifts from individuals.
- Support the Executive Director and program staff who will also be responsible for implementing this strategy
- Develop relationships with prospective individual donors by regularly attending relevant events, conferences, meetings.
- Execute our event strategy, including donor receptions, fundraisers, and house parties.
- Work with a team to lead our big yearly fundraising event, ensuring it meets the budgeted fundraising goals and offers attendees a positive experience.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines:
- 2 years of organizing, fundraising or communications experience.
- Strong project management experience and proven ability to meet urgent deadlines and managing multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent team leader and teammate with a demonstrated ability to lead a team and thrive in a dynamic and diverse workplace.
- Superb writing, editing and interpersonal communication skills.
- A working knowledge of data management systems and donor software (TakeAction Minnesota utilizes EveryAction database).
- Is flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Has a good sense of humor and is a pleasure to work with
- Fluency in Somali, Hmong, or Spanish.
- A strong commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and progressive political change.
- Enthusiastically promote TakeAction Minnesota’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- A movement building orientation, striving to build the strength of TakeAction Minnesota, member organizations and allies.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends, and work extended hours, if needed, to accomplish requirements of the position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require long periods of computer work.
Salary is commensurate with experience starting at $50,000. Full health and dental benefits and retirement package. This position IS a member of the Minnesota Newspaper and Communications Guild.
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
This position reports directly to the Director of Organizational Effectiveness & Culture. St. Paul office based preferred with occasional travel.
HOW TO APPLY
Send electronic cover letter, resume and three references attention Jessica Zimmerman, Director of Organizational Effectiveness & Culture care of email@example.com with the subject line INDIVIDUAL GIVING MANAGER. Applications will begin review Thursday, Feb. 27.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAIL INQUIRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
TakeAction Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women.