THE ORGANIZATION: TakeAction Minnesota is a multiracial people’s network that brings democracy alive in communities across our state. We connect individuals and organizations to each other, creating a powerful force that makes change happen where it wasn’t possible before. Since its founding 14 years ago, TakeAction Minnesota has grown its breadth and depth. Our membership has grown 10-fold and touches every legislative district in the state. Our social media presence is robust. Our grassroots leadership is well-trained and shapes and implements the strategy of our various campaigns. As a result, TakeAction Minnesota has a track record of shifting the political landscape, advancing democracy and justice through bold policy campaigns, grassroots organizing, leadership development, movement politics, and strategic communications.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Membership Coordinator will work with our development team powerfully engage TakeAction Minnesota leaders and our membership committee, membership engagement and fundraising events, and individual relationship building. They will be responsible for making direct fundraising asks through diverse platforms, crafting cultivation messaging, building relationships with prospective members, current donors and community partners, and fundraising metrics analysis.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES — Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Event Coordination
- In collaboration with TakeAction leaders, assist in designing and executing programming for TakeAction members and prospective members. This includes digital organizing and relationship building leading up to and after TakeAction programming.
- Coordinate and implement organization-wide fundraising and membership events. Work with a cross-organizational team on the annual People’s Celebration, Annual Member Meeting and other special events.
- Membership Engagement
- Coordinate and implement year-round membership renewal strategy. Make direct fundraising asks through digital, phone, direct mail and at events.
- Develop tools for TakeAction Minnesota staff and leaders to be spokespeople about our work to stakeholders, including members, donors, prospective donors, volunteers, and funders with the ability to accurately articulate our goals and campaigns.
- Work in collaboration with the organizing, politics, and communications teams to execute cross departmental projects and initiatives to expand and deepen our membership base. Support pathway development for prospective members and retention efforts for current members.
- Support member acquisition strategies. Design and execute social media campaigns to recruit new members. Use digital organizing tools to engage with prospective members.
- Data Support
- Working with the Individual Giving Manager and Development Director, support data management efforts. Identify and evaluate donor and membership metrics to influence projects and programs.
- Handle our members’ financial contributions in-line with TakeAction Minnesota policies and procedures using excellent member engagement skills.
- Support additional membership advancement and development efforts as needed and assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 1-2 years’ experience in nonprofits, fundraising or organizing experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Relational and enjoys working with people.
- Exceptional attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing projects and tasks. Event planning experience preferred.
- Strong practices of personal accountability and follow through. Willingness to speak up, suggest new ideas, receive feedback, adjust plans to ensure successful completion of goals and be part of the solution.
- Ability to identify and analyze membership metrics, or willingness to learn.
- Excellent communications skills through a variety of channels, including written and oral.
- A demonstrated commitment to economic, racial, and gender justice and commitment to progressive political change.
- Desire to enthusiastically promote TakeAction Minnesota’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures and have a deep investment in our shared agenda for change.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Office 365, familiarity with various giving platforms.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage. Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and starts at $42,000. Category: Coordinator 2.
- Full health and dental benefits and retirement package.
- Ongoing leadership development of staff, including access to relevant trainings and conferences.
- This position is a member of the Minnesota Newspaper and Communications Guild.
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
- This position reports directly to the Development Director. Position located in our St. Paul, St. Cloud or Duluth office but may be required some travel throughout the state at times. In response to COVID-19, all employees are encouraged and resourced to work from home.
HOW TO APPLY
Send electronic cover letter, resume and three references attention Jessica Zimmerman, Development Director, care of email@example.com with the subject line MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR by no later than 11:59pm on August 16, 2020.
NO PHONE CALLS or EMAILS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
TakeAction Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women.