At TakeAction Minnesota, we believe in people-centered governance and advance policies that promote justice & equity, and are grounded in core principles: in Minnesota, we care for each other and every person has inherent worth and dignity, no exception. When everyone pays their fair share in taxes, we have enough for everyone to thrive.
What We’re Fighting For
At TakeAction Minnesota, we believe in a people-centered democracy that works for all of us. From the State Capitol to Congress and City Halls, we organize for policies that promote justice and equity, and are grounded in core principles: in Minnesota, we care for each other and we believe every person has inherent worth and dignity, no exception. We know that when everyone pays their fair share in taxes, we have enough for all.
In the 2021 legislative session – and under the new Biden Administration – TakeAction Minnesota will continue to fight for policies that support the multi-racial working class and promote a people-centered democracy.
2021 State and Federal Priorities
TakeAction Minnesota’s 2021 policy priorities include action on care, climate, and COVID-19 relief.
Care for All
- Access to Medicine – Stopping price-gouging, establishing a Prescription Drug Affordability Board, Unified Pharmaceutical Benefits to negotiate prices of publicly purchased medicine in Minnesota
- Listen: Action Prescribed Podcast.
- Expanding MinnesotaCare – Expanding access to public health insurance through a MinnesotaCare Public Option and fixing the MinnesotaCare Family Glitch
- Universal Family Care – Creating a care economy by fighting for Paid Sick Time, Paid Family & Medical Leave, Child Care, and Long-Term Care Insurance
- Read more and take action: Paid Sick Time
- People-Centered Health Care – Ensuring COVID-19 vaccines and testing is free and accessible for everyone, no exceptions, codifying ACA standards in state law, supporting Black maternal health, abortion care, patient protections and more
- Clean Energy and a Just Transition – We support a just transition to a clean energy future, legislative and executive actions like the clean cars initiative to protect our air, land, and water and prevent further damage to our environment. TakeAction is a proud member of Minnesota’s 100% Campaign.
- A Green New Deal – TakeAction supports commonsense legislative and executive action that protects our air, land, water, and future. We need a federal Green New Deal to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and create high-paying jobs in industries like care.
- A People’s Bailout – The U.S. is facing compounding public health crises of COVID-19 and systemic racism, as well as an economic crisis hitting women, Black, Indigenous, and people of color, and working class families the hardest. We need an inclusive COVID-19 relief bill that is by and for the people and leaves nobody out.
- Care and COVID-19 Relief – We are an abundant nation and have the resources to ensure everyone has what they need to be safe, stable, and healthy. TakeAction will fight for a range of state and federal COVID-19 relief measures including: free and accessible COVID-19 treatment, testing, and vaccines, canceling rent and mortgages, UI benefits, universal family care, benefits for essential workers, Homes for All, Medicare for All and more.
In addition to care, climate, and COVID-19 relief, TakeAction supports a range of initiatives that advance justice and democracy including: drivers licenses for all, fully-funded public education, police accountability and re-imagining community safety, restoration of voting rights, legalization of marijuana with record expungements, public and affordable housing, unions for all, and dignity at work legislation to address sexual harassment in the workplace.
Get connected. Text ACTION to 79606.