2022 Legislative Session Priorities
At TakeAction Minnesota, we believe in a people-centered democracy that works for all of us. From the State Capitol to Congress and City Halls, we organize for policies that promote justice and equity, and are grounded in core principles: in Minnesota, we care for each other and we believe every person has inherent worth and dignity, no exception. We know that when everyone pays their fair share in taxes, we have enough for all.
In the 2022 legislative session TakeAction Minnesota will continue to fight for policies that support the multi-racial working class and promote a people-centered democracy.
TakeAction Minnesota’s 2022 policy priorities include action on health care, care, climate solutions, COVID-19 relief & more.
- Lower Prescription Drug Costs – Establish a Prescription Drug Affordability Board and stopping price-gouging of prescription drugs.
- Expanding MinnesotaCare – Expand access to public health insurance through a MinnesotaCare Public Option, expanding MinnesotaCare to include undocumented immigrants.
- People-Centered Health Care – Protect abortion care, ensure continuous enrollment in Medical Assistance program, lower health care costs for Minnesotans, free and accessible COVID-19 tests and vaccines, refill $450 million in cuts to the Health Care Access Fund.
- Earned Sick and Safe Time – Establish a statewide basic employment standard that allows workers to accrue up to 48 hours of paid sick and safe time per year to care for themselves or a loved one.
- Paid Family & Medical Leave – Create a state insurance program to provide workers up to 12 weeks of paid medical leave and 12 weeks of paid family leave. Learn more.
- Fully funded child care – Fully fund the child care assistance program and invest in care workers.
- Minnesota Climate Action Plan – TakeAction supports a $1 billion investment in this session in clean energy, transportation, climate adaptation resilience funds.
Equitable Investments of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Funding
- Equitable ARPA Investments – With a $7.7 billion budget surplus, Minnesota must pass a budget that provides relief and support for workers & families, especially women and people of color facing compounding public health crises of COVID and systemic racism with inadequate care infrastructure. With historic federal funding from the American Rescue Plan Act, TakeAction Minnesota supports investments that are equitable, transparent, and meet the urgent and long-term needs of our state.
In addition to these priorities, TakeAction supports a range of initiatives that advance justice and democracy including: cancelation of student debt, drivers licenses for all, fully-funded public education, police accountability and re-imagining community safety, restoration of voting rights, legalization of marijuana with record expungements, public and affordable housing, unions for all, and a federal Green New Deal.
Get connected. Sign up for text updates.