TakeAction Minnesota is a multiracial people’s network that brings democracy alive in communities across our state. We connect individuals and organizations to each other, creating a powerful force that makes change happen where it wasn’t possible before. Since its founding 14 years ago, TakeAction Minnesota has grown its breadth and depth. Our membership has grown 10-fold and touches every legislative district in the state. Our social media presence is robust. Our grassroots leadership is well-trained and shapes and implements the strategy of our various campaigns. As a result, TakeAction Minnesota has a track record of shifting the political landscape, advancing democracy and justice through bold policy campaigns, grassroots organizing, leadership development, movement politics, and strategic communications.
TakeAction is seeking a Data Coordinator that will work as part of the Data Team in management and upkeep of the organization’s data and data infrastructure. The Data Coordinator focuses on data hygiene, data entry, and the day-to-day data needs of our organizing, digital, and development teams. The Data Team operationalizes our collective data visions by being in the weeds and with the people on our data. The Data Team collaborates extensively across the organization – particularly with Organizers, the Field team, and the Membership and Communications departments. A successful Data Coordinator will be laser-focused on the precision, transparency, and process needed in data to make sure it accurately represents our communities and facilitates power for our people.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
Operationalize and execute high-quality data entry, maintenance, hygiene, and extraction.
- Understand the goals and strategies of our organizing, communications, and development teams as they relate to data, and be ready and able to support and collaborate in their day-to-day data needs.
- Ensure quality data entry and data hygiene on all projects.
- Frequently audit data for duplication and consistency as part of the Data Team, which includes a Data Coordinator and the Movement-Building Director.
- Assist staff with reports and data extraction as needed and in coordination with organizing, communications, and development teams.
- Train and coach individual staff on data systems and practices as needed.
As part of the data team, liaise with the membership, organizing, and communications teams.
- Support teams in identifying and addressing data needs, both planned and unexpected, as they arise for their campaigns and programs.
- Execute list-pulling, turf-cutting, and phone and textbank set-up for issue, electoral, and membership campaigns.
- Onboard new staff to data systems and practices.
- Support staff in honing their data skills and practices, and improving tracking systems for leadership development, membership, and communications strategy.
Build and maintain organizational data infrastructure and strategy.
- Liaise with VAN, EveryAction, and The Movement Cooperative (TMC) as needed.
- Work closely with Data Team members to leverage data strategy and infrastructure opportunities (with The Movement Cooperative and other partners) to make our work more impactful.
Data is becoming an increasingly wide field at TakeAction. Support staff in data projects within other platforms as needed.
- At least 2 years of data-related experience, whether paid or unpaid, training or execution.
- Strive to provide high quality service by being consistent, agile, reliable, and accessible to all.
- Willingness to engage in the big picture AND do the work in the weeds, both as an individual and in deep collaboration with coworkers and as part of teams.
- Must be relationship oriented and motivated with strong interaction within the organization and across levels.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with VAN and EveryAction or a comparable CRM within a movement-building organization is encouraged.
- A strong commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and progressive political change.
- Enthusiastically promote TakeAction Minnesota’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures, and have a deep investment in our shared agenda for change.
- Complete and coordinate special projects as needed.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends, and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage.
- Salary starts at $42,000, dependent on experience. Category: Coordinator 2.
- Full health and dental benefits and retirement package.
- This position is a member of the Minnesota Newspaper and Communications Guild.
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
This position reports directly to the Movement Building Director. Position may be required some travel throughout the state at times. Due to COVID-19, this position will be temporarily performed from home.
HOW TO APPLY
Send electronic cover letter, resume and three references care of Katie Blanchard, Movement Building Director email@example.com with the subject line Data Coordinator. This position is open until filled. Resume review will begin April 13th, 2021 at 9:00 am.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAIL INQUIRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
TakeAction Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women.