THE ORGANIZATION: TakeAction Minnesota is a multiracial people’s network that brings democracy alive in communities across our state. We connect individuals and organizations to each other, creating a powerful force that makes change happen where it wasn’t possible before. Since its founding 14 years ago, TakeAction Minnesota has grown its breadth and depth. Our membership has grown 10-fold and touches every legislative district in the state. Our social media presence is robust. Our grassroots leadership is well-trained and shapes and implements the strategy of our various campaigns. As a result, TakeAction Minnesota has a track record of shifting the political landscape, advancing democracy and justice through bold policy campaigns, grassroots organizing, leadership development, movement politics, and strategic communications.
POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to strengthen the organization’s fundraising efforts by stewarding funder relationships, facilitating strong grant proposals and reports, and expanding strategic grants management and deliverables tracking throughout the organization. This position plays a lead role telling the story of our work both to institutions, individual donors and donor collectives, and to our broader community to mobilize resources throughout the movement. The Development Coordinator reports to the Development Director and is part of a small but mighty development team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS — Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Grantseeking and Funder Stewardship
- Research and identify grant prospects that align with TakeAction’s mission and strategic goals.
- Coordinate grantseeking and reporting process. Work with program directors and grantwriting consultant to develop vision, framing, and strategy for project proposals.
- Work with program directors and Finance and Budget Manager to coordinate the budgeting process.
- Assist coordination and activities for funder visits and funder communications.
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with donors, members, and agency partners.
Grants Management and Administration
- Track grants and manage administrative functions for entirety of grantseeking process, from prospecting to reporting.
- Convene monthly program reports and strategic quarterly assessments of grants work with programs team. Develop performance metrics and tracking process for program evaluation purposes.
- Maintain ongoing grants calendar to ensure all deadlines are met and proposals and reports submitted in timely manner. Manage outreach to coalition partners for collaborative grants.
Cross-Departmental Fundraising and Engagement
- Support cross-departmental team to coordinate fundraising efforts for year-end People’s Celebration fundraising event.
- Partner with individual giving program to share the story of our impact with major donors, grassroots donors and broader membership base.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience in nonprofit development, fundraising, communications, or related field.
- Grant writing experience preferred. Strong writing skills a must.
- Project management experience. Ability to manage multiple competing projects and tasks.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of personal initiative; excellent personal accountability and follow-through.
- Strong commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and progressive political change.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and familiarity with various giving software.
- Desire to promote TakeAction Minnesota’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage. Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
- Salary starts at $45,000. Category: Coordinator 2.
- Full health and dental benefits and retirement package.
- This position is a member of the Minnesota Newspaper and Communications Guild.
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
This position reports directly to the Development Director. Position located in our St. Paul, St. Cloud or Duluth office but may be required some travel throughout the state at times. In response to COVID-19, all employees are encouraged and resourced to work from home.
HOW TO APPLY
Send electronic cover letter, resume and three references attention Jessica Zimmerman, Development Director, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Development Coordinator. Resume review will begin Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAIL INQUIRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
TakeAction Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women.