Updated: July 21, 2020 at 3:45 p.m.
THE ORGANIZATION: TakeAction Minnesota is a multiracial people’s network that brings democracy alive in communities across our state. We connect individuals and organizations to each other, creating a powerful force that makes change happen where it wasn’t possible before. Since its founding 14 years ago, TakeAction Minnesota has grown its breadth and depth. Our membership has grown 10-fold and touches every legislative district in the state. Our social media presence is robust. Our grassroots leadership is well-trained and shapes and implements the strategy of our various campaigns. As a result, TakeAction Minnesota has a track record of shifting the political landscape, advancing democracy and justice through bold policy campaigns, grassroots organizing, leadership development, movement politics, and strategic communications.
POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to strengthen the organization’s fundraising efforts by stewarding funder relationships, facilitating strong grant proposals, and expanding strategic grants management and deliverables tracking throughout the organization. This position will also support the strengthening of partnerships with community organizations, donor collectives and individual donors. This position reports to the Development Director and is part of a small but mighty development team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS — Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Research and identify grant prospects that align with TakeAction’s mission and strategic goals.
- Manage grantseeking and reporting process. Work with program directors to develop well-written grant proposals and reports. Coordinate with grantwriting consultant to generate content and manage writing responsibilities.
- Track grants and convene biweekly grantseeking meetings. Work closely with the Executive Director, Deputy Director and Development Director to coordinate vision, framing and strategy for project proposals and reports.
- Work with program directors and Finance and Budget Manager to develop program budgets.
- Convene monthly program reports and strategic quarterly assessments of grants work with programs team. Develop performance metrics and tracking process for program evaluation purposes.
- Maintain ongoing grants calendar to ensure all deadlines are met and proposals and reports submitted in timely manner. Manage outreach to coalition partners for collaborative grants.
- Assist coordination and activities for funder visits and funder communications.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with donors, members and agency partners.
- Outreach to nonprofit organizations, elected officials, and other service providers as needed.
- Support development team to coordinate fundraising efforts for year-end People’s Celebration fundraising event.
- Coordinate additional fundraising efforts related to individual donor program, board engagement and special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience in nonprofit development, fundraising, communications, or related field.
- Grant writing experience preferred. Strong writing skills a must.
- Project management experience. Ability managing multiple competing projects and tasks.
- Experience managing and tracking program development metrics preferred.
- Ability to oversee program budget development process.
- Strong commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and progressive political change.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of personal initiative; excellent personal accountability and follow through.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and familiarity with various giving software.
- Ability to identify problems and opportunities and develop creative solutions.
- Desire to enthusiastically promote TakeAction Minnesota’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage. Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
- Salary starts at $50,000. Category: Coordinator 3.
- Full health and dental benefits and retirement package.
- This position is a member of the Minnesota Newspaper and Communications Guild.
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
This position reports directly to the Development Director. Position will be located at home and in our St. Paul office, but may include infrequent travel throughout the state when safe.
HOW TO APPLY
Send electronic cover letter, resume and three references attention Jessica Zimmerman, Development Director, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Development Manager. Resume review will begin August 2, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAIL INQUIRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
TakeAction Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women.