THE ORGANIZATION: TakeAction Minnesota is a multiracial people’s network that brings democracy alive in communities across our state. We connect individuals and organizations to each other, creating a powerful force that makes change happen where it wasn’t possible before. Since its founding 14 years ago, TakeAction Minnesota has grown its breadth and depth. Our membership has grown 10-fold and touches every legislative district in the state. Our social media presence is robust. Our grassroots leadership is well-trained and shapes and implements the strategy of our various campaigns. As a result, TakeAction Minnesota has a track record of shifting the political landscape, advancing democracy and justice through bold policy campaigns, grassroots organizing, leadership development, movement politics, and strategic communications.
The Operations Coordinator will work with the Finance and Operations team to build and implement a variety of operations systems and functions to build TakeAction’s effectiveness in the world. Under general supervision, the Operations Coordinator will assist in the planning, organizing, and completion of various administrative aspects of our offices in St. Paul, Duluth, and St. Cloud. These aspects include office management, facilities, IT and events. This position requires working during normal business hours, with infrequent nights and weekends. This position will primarily work from home with occasional trips to the St. Paul office. We hope to officially return to the office in mid-2021.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS —Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answer phones, return voicemails, and liaison between staff and the public for general information and basic customer service.
- Ensure the offices are fully stocked with necessary supplies, fill staff supply requests, and receive deliveries.
- Run errands off-site to pick up or drop off deliveries and/or purchase supplies, as needed
- Maintain and coordinate service of office equipment that may be broken or in need of repair, including photocopier
- Coordinate administrative and facilities logistics for both our St. Cloud and Duluth offices
- Assist with remote meetings, including conference room technology, material distribution, and tips on facilitation
- Train new staff around facilities, phones and equipment use.
- Act as an information hub by learning and understanding the organizational processes and procedures at TakeAction Minnesota
- Assist staff directly or identify the correct resource
- Visit the St. Paul office as necessary, at least every couple of weeks.
- Ensure that the office is clean, organized, and that Covid safety protocols are being followed.
- Act as space liaison between TakeAction Minnesota and property management company, ensuring that our parking lot and properties are safe and running efficiently
- Coordinate the reservation process of physical office zones by staff.
- Assist with researching vendors and suppliers to ensure fair market value when renegotiating contracts or setting up new contracts, as needed
- Setup and moderate video conferences for major events. Advise staff on Zoom use and security.
- Coordinate or lead IT and phone trainings for staff members.
- Complete and coordinate special projects and research assignments as needed as assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Participate in the employee morale committee; assist with logistics.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
Post Covid-19 – When We Officially Return to the Office
- Staff the reception desk, greet guests, receive incoming deliveries, open and distribute mail.
- Assist staff with travel guidelines, hotel contracts, rental car reservations
- Ensure that the office is clean, organized, accessible, user friendly and welcoming to our staff, members, and visitors; liaison with janitorial company
- Events: Maintain vendor lists, maintain guidelines for and assist staff with event logistics for organization events
- Events: Assist with the planning and implementation of large events including identifying venues and vendors, collecting supplies, and holding a team leadership role in the annual fundraising event.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines:
- Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license is required
- High school diploma is preferred.
- 2 years experience in general office administrative functions.
- 1 year experience technical PC hardware and software support preferred.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Excellent personal accountability and follow through
- Collaborating with partner organizations and working with communities of color.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, members, advocates and representatives from community groups and government agencies.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Identifying problems and opportunities, and developing solutions.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- A strong commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and progressive political change.
- Enthusiastically promote TakeAction Minnesota’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage. Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
- Salary starts at $42,000. Category: Coordinator 2.
- Full health and dental benefits and retirement package.
- This position is NOT a member of the Minnesota Newspaper and Communications Guild.
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
This position reports directly to the Director of Finance and Operations. Position will be located at home and in our St. Paul office, but may include infrequent travel throughout the state when safe.
HOW TO APPLY
Send electronic cover letter, resume and three references attention Marcie Moravec, Director of Finance and Operations, email@example.com with the subject line Operations Coordinator. Resume review will begin July 13, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAIL INQUIRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
TakeAction Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women.